Benefits of Chapter Membership
Why join PPRC? These are just a few of the benefits you will receive!
- Access to dynamic speakers on current project management topics (as well as local projects of interest) at Monthly Chapter Meetings
- High quality educational programs/workshops
- Exclusive access to Job Board
- Member Directory with contact information
- Access to ongoing professional development unit (PDU) opportunities - two PDUs will be earned/reported after attending any monthly chapter meeting
- Discounted pricing on chapter meetings and seminars for members
- Excellent networking opportunities with other PM professionals
- Network across multiple local markets
- First notification of volunteer opportunities
- Networking opportunities across multiple industries and local markets
Monthly Dinner Meetings & Workshops
PMI PPRC conducts 9 chapter dinner meetings each year. The chapter does not hold meetings in July, August or December. The meetings are held the second Thursday of the month and consist of a pre-meeting workshop and the dinner meeting itself, with each session worth 1 PDU. Attendance at the pre-meeting workshop is free to those that have registered (and if applicable paid) for the dinner meeting and does not require a seperate registration. The normal schedule for the evening is:
|4:30||Sign in & Networking|
The workshop meeting topic is generally related to the main dinner meeting presentation. A description of the workshop topic is included with the description of the monthly meeting. Each month the speaker presentations are on a project management topic, generally falling into one of four areas: soft skills, technical skills , local projects, or Project Management trends (ex. career development, PMOs).
For those interested in re-certification PDUs, each presentation is worth one PDU, attending both the workshop and dinner presentation totals 2 PDUs. For attendees that are PMP, PgMP, RMP or SP certified, we file the PDUs for you. See the Calendar for upcoming dinner presentation topics. You do not need to be a member to attend.
The chapter offers affordable educational opportunities for the local project management community. We schedule 2 or more 1/2 day or full day seminars each year. These are high quality workshops given by local experts and sometimes professionals flown in from across the country. These workshops are designed to:
- Improve your technical and soft skills
- Help you attain project management credentials
- Maintain your credentials with Professional Development Units (PDUs)
For details on upcoming workshops or to register for a specific event, click on the Calendar tab.
Interested in Certifications? The Project Management Institute® (PMI) offers five certifications:
- Project Management Professional® (PMP)
- Certified Associate in Project Management® (CAPM)
- Program Management Professional® (PgMP)
- PMI Scheduling Professional (PMI-SP)
- PMI Risk Management Professional® (PMI-RMP)
For details on obtaining or maintaining PMI Certifications, visit the PMI website at www.pmi.org.
PMI Virtual Library
Officially known as the PMI® James R. Snyder Center for Project Management Knowledge & Wisdom, the Virtual Library is an important source for relevant, reliable and timely information about project management.
The Knowledge & Wisdom Center helps to advance project management practice and learning by cataloging PMI-published literature, managing the electronic repository of PMI conference and periodical literature, and assisting project management practitioners in finding the information they need.
PMI members enjoy benefits of the Knowledge & Wisdom Center, including:
- Member pricing on PMI-published articles and papers available in the Marketplace
- Access to current and back issues of PM Network® and Project Management Journal® back to 2003, as well as other award-winning PMI publications
- Extended research assistance through the Ask a Librarian feature
- Access to eReads & Reference, a web-based service offering 250 complete and unabridged books on project management and related topics, powered by Books24x7
- Downloads of valuable peer-contributed articles on the Knowledge Shelf
- Access to PM KnowledgeWire, the quarterly newsletter of the Knowledge & Wisdom Center
Chapter Pass 500
Are you or someone you know a PMI member but not yet a member of the PMI Pikes Peak Regional, Colorado Chapter? If so, we have a program for you! The PMI PPRC is offering a limited time Guest Pass to allow you an opportunity to experience the value and benefits of Chapter membership. Essentially, we are offering you a free membership in our Chapter for the remainder of your current PMI membership cycle! Contact the VP of Membership today to find out more.