Virtual Blood Drive
I’m excited to share that as PMI Pikes Peak Regional Colorado, Chapter blood drive coordinator, we will be hosting our first-ever virtual blood drive in partnership with Vitalant from February 1st to March 31st. This is your invitation to take part in this innovative event to support hospital patients in our community.
Each pint of blood we collect can help save up to three lives and will touch the lives of so many more. What a great way to pay it forward and make an impact on people in our community and across the country. We are very excited about the drive and I hope you are too!
Click here, PPRC Virtual Blood Drive, to sign up and you’ll receive an emailed invitation to book an appointment at any convenient blood donation location. Make sure you schedule your donation using the same email address you used to sign up so I will be able to track the number of volunteers who participated.
The need for blood is especially high right now as the health crisis continues to impact patients. All successful blood donations are being tested for COVID antibodies so Vitalant can identify members of the community who may be eligible to give plasma to help patients with COVID-19.
Participating in the virtual blood drive is easy. For us to track all of the donations at the virtual blood drive, you need to follow these steps:
- Sign up here for the virtual blood drive to get your emailed invitation to schedule your appointment.
- When your email arrives, click “Schedule Now” to book your appointment at any convenient blood donation location using the same email address you used to sign up. This is important because it helps Vitalant connect your donation to our organization’s virtual blood drive.
- Prepare for your donation by eating a healthy meal and drinking plenty of water. Remember to bring a photo ID with you.
- Read the Blood Donor Qualifications in advance.
- Give blood, transform lives!
It’s not every day that we do something that has such a lifesaving impact. Let’s blow this out of the water!
Feel free to forward this link to anyone you think may be interested in helping.
Thanks for your support and I look forward to “seeing” you there!
VP of Volunteers